Creole Spiced Seafood Gazpacho
- 2 1/2 pounds Creole tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 red peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 medium yellow onions, roughly chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh horseradish
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups vegetable juice (recommended: V-8)
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup pepper-flavored vodka (recommended: Absolut Peppar Vodka)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 lemons, juiced
- Dash liquid crab boil
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup brunoise carrots
- 1/4 cup brunoise parsnips
- 1/4 cup brunoise red onions
- 1/4 cup brunoise red peppers
- 1/4 cup brunoise celery
- 1/4 cup brunoise cucumbers
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs, (such as basil, chervil, tarragon, etc.)
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, tail-discarded, and cooked
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked for cartilage
- 1 pound lobster meat, cooked and diced
- 1 cup fresh herb salad
In a food processor with a metal blade, combine the chopped vegetables, shallots, garlic, horseradish, and cilantro. Puree the mixture until slightly smooth. Add the vegetable juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, juice from 2 lemons and the liquid crab boil. Puree until the mixture is smooth. Season with cayenne, salt, and pepper. Remove the mixture from the food processor and refrigerate for 6 hours, so the flavors can marry.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the vegetables and blanch for 1 minute. Remove and shock the vegetables in a bowl of ice water. Remove the vegetables and pat dry.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the extra-virgin olive oil and remaining lemon juice together. Add the herbs and whisk well. Season with salt and pepper. In a mixing bowl, toss the brunoise vegetables with 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Toss each of the seafood with the remaining vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.
To assemble, place a pile of each seafood in the bowls. Ladle the gazpacho into each bowl. Spoon the vegetable relish in the center of each bowl. Garnish with the herb salad.