Creole Spiced Seafood Gazpacho
- 2 1/2 pounds Creole tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 red peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 medium yellow onions, roughly chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh horseradish
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups vegetable juice (recommended: V-8)
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup pepper-flavored vodka (recommended: Absolut Peppar Vodka)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 lemons, juiced
- Dash liquid crab boil
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup brunoise carrots
- 1/4 cup brunoise parsnips
- 1/4 cup brunoise red onions
- 1/4 cup brunoise red peppers
- 1/4 cup brunoise celery
- 1/4 cup brunoise cucumbers
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs, (such as basil, chervil, tarragon, etc.)
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, tail-discarded, and cooked
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked for cartilage
- 1 pound lobster meat, cooked and diced
- 1 cup fresh herb salad
In a food processor with a metal blade, combine the chopped vegetables, shallots, garlic, horseradish, and cilantro. Puree the mixture until slightly smooth. Add the vegetable juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, juice from 2 lemons and the liquid crab boil. Puree until the mixture is smooth. Season with cayenne, salt, and pepper. Remove the mixture from the food processor and refrigerate for 6 hours, so the flavors can marry.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the vegetables and blanch for 1 minute. Remove and shock the vegetables in a bowl of ice water. Remove the vegetables and pat dry.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the extra-virgin olive oil and remaining lemon juice together. Add the herbs and whisk well. Season with salt and pepper. In a mixing bowl, toss the brunoise vegetables with 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Toss each of the seafood with the remaining vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.
To assemble, place a pile of each seafood in the bowls. Ladle the gazpacho into each bowl. Spoon the vegetable relish in the center of each bowl. Garnish with the herb salad.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.