Crispy Fried Oysters with Caviar Creme Fraiche
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces water
- 1 cup panko
- 1 tablespoon Essence, recipe follows
- 1 dozen oysters, shucked and well-drained
- 2 cups baby greens
- Lemon-pepper vinaigrette, to taste, recipe follows
- Caviar Creme Fraiche, recipe follows
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Lemon-Pepper Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon hot pepper jelly
- 5 drops soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- Caviar Creme Fraiche:
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Beluga or Sevruga caviar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the oil in a large heavy saucepan and heat to 350 to 360 degrees F.
In a medium bowl whisk egg and water together to combine well.
Dredge the oysters 1 at a time in the egg wash and then in the seasoned panko. Shake to release any excess breading, then drop the oysters into the hot oil and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 1 minute. Remove oysters with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain. Serve oysters on top of greens dressed with Lemon-Pepper Vinaigrette, top with dollops of Caviar Creme Fraiche and serve immediately.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from New New Orleans Cooking by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William Morrow, 1993.Lemon-Pepper Vinaigrette:
Place all the ingredients except the oil in a small bowl, whisking together to combine well. While whisking, add the oil in a steady stream until thoroughly combined and emulsified. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.Caviar Creme Fraiche:
Fold all the ingredients together in a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate until needed.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Panneed Oysters wth Sweet Corn Maque Choux, Tomato Jam and Crispy Bacon, Fire Roasted Low-County Oysters with Tarragon and Red Hot Sauce Butter, Chipotle Barbecue Oysters with Homemade Salsa Fresca, Deep-Frying, Smoked Salmon Recipes, Grains, Thanksgiving Appetizers, Stir-Frying, Tilapia
Thank you! your flag was submitted.