Crown Roast of Pork with Crawfish and Mirliton Stuffing and Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce
- Crawfish and Mirliton Stuffing:
- 6 mirlitons, about 3 3/4 pounds total
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups finely chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Essence, recipe follows
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, cooked crawfish tails
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup, plus 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped, peeled, and seeded fresh or canned Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup dark chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (scallions), green parts only
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
DirectionsCrawfish and Mirliton Stuffing:
Place the miriltons in a large pot and cover with water by 1-inch. Bring to a boil and cook until a knife can be inserted easily, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain in a colander and cool. When cool enough to handle, halve the mirlitons, peel, and remove the seeds. Discard the peel and seeds and cut the flesh into 1/2-inch cubes.
While mirlitons are cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, onions, bell peppers, garlic, Essence and salt. Cook until the vegetables are very soft, give off their liquid and begin to caramelize, about 25 minutes. Add the cubed mirlitons and cook, stirring frequently, until they give off their liquid and soften, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cool slightly before adding the crawfish, butter, green onions, parsley, thyme, 1 cup bread crumbs, and eggs. Stir well to combine.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly grease an 8-cup casserole dish. Transfer the stuffing to the casserole and sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs and cheese. Drizzle with the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil, then bake until golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve. Spoon baked stuffing into center of Crown Roast before serving, if desired
Yield: 8 to 10 servingsEmeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch, published by William Morrow, 1993.Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce:
Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the crawfish tails, salt, and cayenne and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add the shallots, garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add the wine and simmer for 4 minutes. Add the stock, parsley and green onions and simmer until slightly thick, about another 5 minutes. Add the butter and stir to combine, about 20 seconds.
Serve warm with the pork roast.
Yield: 2 1/2 cups
More Recipes and Ideas:
Caraway-Crusted Pork Chops, Online Round 2 Recipe - Pork and Cornbread Bites, Cajun Pork Tenderloin with Lambic Beer Sauce and Cheesy Spaetzle, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Christmas Candy Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.