- Rack from the saddle of wild boar
- Olive oil
- Essence, recipe follows
- 1/2 pound roasted new potatoes
- 2 cups rosemary veal reduction
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
French the bones from the saddle rack. Using butcher?s twine, tie the rack into a crown roast. Season the roast with olive oil and Essence. Place the roast on a roasting pan and place in the oven. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, for medium-rare. Allow the roast to rest for 5 minutes. Place the roast on a platter. Fill the center with the roasted potatoes. Spoon the sauce over the top. Garnish with parsley.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Crown Roast of Pork with Crawfish and Mirliton Stuffing and Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce, Roast Port Glazed Goose with Tawny Port Gravy, Prosciutto Standing Rib Roast with Figs, Latin American, Potato Soup Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Mashed Potato Recipes, Pork Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.