- Rack from the saddle of wild boar
- Olive oil
- Essence, recipe follows
- 1/2 pound roasted new potatoes
- 2 cups rosemary veal reduction
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
French the bones from the saddle rack. Using butcher?s twine, tie the rack into a crown roast. Season the roast with olive oil and Essence. Place the roast on a roasting pan and place in the oven. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, for medium-rare. Allow the roast to rest for 5 minutes. Place the roast on a platter. Fill the center with the roasted potatoes. Spoon the sauce over the top. Garnish with parsley.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller