- 1 cup dried fine bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon Rustic Rub
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 whole rabbit, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup Creole mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chow-Chow Sauce, (available in specialty stores)
- Fried spinach leaves
- Couple of corn breadsticks
In a mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, herbs, Rustic Rub and cheese together. Mix thoroughly. Season the rabbit with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet. Rub each piece of rabbit with the mustard, covering each piece completely. Dredge the rabbit in the bread crumb mixture. When the oil is hot, pan-fry the rabbit pieces for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper-lined plate. Season the rabbit with Rustic Rub. Ladle the beans and Andouille in a shallow bowl. Lay the rabbit directly on top of the beans. Garnish with the chow-chow, fried spinach and cornbread sticks.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.