- 3 pounds cooked new potatoes leftover from a crab boil, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounces bacon, cooked until crisp, drained and crumbled, drippings reserved
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped black olives, such as kalamata
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped stuffed green olives
- 1 onion leftover from a crab boil, chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 head garlic leftover from a crab boil, cloves removed from peels and smashed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and black pepper
In a large bowl combine the potatoes, crumbled bacon, 1/4 cup of the reserved bacon drippings, black olives, green olives, onion, and green onions.
In a small bowl combine the smashed garlic cloves and mayonnaise and, using the back of a spoon or a fork, mash until the garlic is well blended with the mayonnaise. (Alternatively, combine the garlic and mayonnaise in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth and thoroughly blended.) Add the garlic-mayonnaise mixture to the other ingredients and toss the potato salad until thoroughly mixed. Season with salt and pepper, if necessary. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend.