Duck Confit and Fried Egg Pizza
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 4 ounces shredded duck confit
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Truffle oil, for drizzling (optional)
Warm 1/3 cup olive oil and the garlic in a small saucepan over low heat, about 30 minutes. Put a pizza stone or upside-down baking sheet in the oven; preheat to 500 degrees F.
Stretch the dough into a 12-inch round on a floured surface. Put on a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel or upside-down baking sheet. Brush the dough with 3 tablespoons garlic oil; top with the duck. Slide onto the hot pizza stone or baking sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, fry the egg sunny-side up in a skillet with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Top the pizza with the fried egg, arugula and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with truffle oil, if desired.
Photograph by Con Poulos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.