- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 4 ounces shredded duck confit
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Truffle oil, for drizzling (optional)
Warm 1/3 cup olive oil and the garlic in a small saucepan over low heat, about 30 minutes. Put a pizza stone or upside-down baking sheet in the oven; preheat to 500 degrees F.
Stretch the dough into a 12-inch round on a floured surface. Put on a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel or upside-down baking sheet. Brush the dough with 3 tablespoons garlic oil; top with the duck. Slide onto the hot pizza stone or baking sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, fry the egg sunny-side up in a skillet with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Top the pizza with the fried egg, arugula and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with truffle oil, if desired.
Photograph by Con Poulos