Egg Drop Shrimp Noodle Soup
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup enoki mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 cup shredded leftover chicken meat
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 package bean thread noodles, soaked in warm water until soft
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lime, juiced
In a large soup pot, bring chicken stock to a boil.
Add shrimp, soy sauce, fish sauce, shiitakes and enoki mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms soften about 2 minutes. Add carrots, garlic, ginger, and scallions. Cook for 1 more minute.
Add chicken meat, 1/2 cup cilantro, bean sprouts, noodles, and beaten eggs. Cook an additional 2 minutes. Add lime juice and garnish with additional cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, Emeril's Food of Love Productions, copyright 2007