Eggplant and Sweet Sausage Bake
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage, removed from the casing
- 1 medium eggplant peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until brown. Add the eggplant, salt, cayenne, and black pepper. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly soft. Add the onions, bell peppers, and celery and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Add the thyme, oregano, and garlic. Stir and cook for about 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and parsley and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring. Remove from the heat and add the bread crumbs and cheese. Mix well.
Spoon into a casserole dish and bake for about 45 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Hot and Sweet Sausage Tacos with Apricot-Jalapeno Glaze, Grilled Pepper and Red Onion Salsa, Sweet Sausage and Pepper Crostini, Grilled Sweet and Hot Sausage with Grilled Onion Marmalade and Red Peppers, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Celery, Veal Chop Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.