EJ's Favorite Fish Pouches for Mom
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless fish fillets, such as snapper, black bass, or bronzino
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Emeril's Italian Essence, or other dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Halved and pitted kalamata olives, optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Season the fish fillets on both sides lightly with salt and pepper.
On a work surface, lay out 6 (15-inch) square pieces of aluminum foil. Divide the onion and tomato slices evenly among the centers of the foil squares and season lightly with salt, pepper, and Italian Essence. Place 1 fish fillet over the top of each mound of vegetables and sprinkle the tops of the fillets with the Italian Essence. Divide the lemon slices among the fillets. Drizzle each fillet with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and sprinkle with kalamata olives, if desired. Fold foil pouches up carefully, sealing tightly on all edges, and place pouches on a large baking sheet. Bake the pouches until fillets are just cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Be careful to avoid the hot steam when opening the pouches.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.