- 1 whole orange, seeds removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
In a medium, heavy saucepan combine all ingredients except pecans over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Cook until most of the cranberries have popped open, about 12 minutes. Skim any foam from the top of the surface and stir in the chopped pecans. Allow the conserve to come to room temperature before serving.
Cooked conserve will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or process in sterilized jars and keep in a cool dark place for up to 6 months.