Emeril's Favorite Chinese Chicken with Green Beans
- 6 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, very thinly sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 7 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Asian spice blend, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup dried shrimp
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cashews
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lightly toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sirachi (roasted garlic-red pepper puree)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Chopped green onions, garnish
- Emeril's Asian Spice Blend:
- 1 tablespoon 5-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne
In a bowl, combine the chicken, 4 1/2 teaspoons of the soy sauce, and Asian spice blend. Toss to coat and let sit for 10 minutes.
In a separate bowl, combine the shrimp and water. Let sit for 15 minutes. Drain and roughly chop. In a large wok or saute pan, heat the oil over high heat. Add the beans and shallow fry until wrinkled, stirring, about 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the oil and add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 10 seconds.
Add the chicken and stirring constantly, cook until brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chopped shrimp, greens beans, cashews, hoisin, remaining 3 teaspoons of soy sauce, seasame seeds, sirachi, and red pepper flakes. Stir to coat, and cook for 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and serve immediately, garnished with green onions.Emeril's Asian Spice Blend:
In a small bowl, blend all the ingredients. Keep in an airtight container until ready to use.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Emeril's Chicken Pot Pies, Chinese Five-Spice Chicken with Red Cabbage and Potato Gratin, Smoky Grilled Chicken Wings with Pickled Red Chiles, Dates and Fresh Mint, Easy Main Dish, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Thai Chicken Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Roasted Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.