Emeril's Funky Duck Moo Shu
- Two duck breasts, pans eared to medium rare
- Olive oil for sauteing
- 1 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup carrot sticks
- 1 cup thinly shredded white cabbage
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup Tamarind Glaze, recipe follows
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 large ( 8-inch) green onion crepes, any standard savory crepe recipe with the addition of finely chopped green onions
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Tamarind Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons tamarind concentrate
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Combine glaze ingredients and set aside.
Slice the duck into thin pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saute pan, add the duck, and cook 1 minute. Add the ginger, carrots, and cabbage, cook for 2 minutes. In a small bowl combine the stock, 1 tablespoon of the tamarind glaze, and the cornstarch, work into a smooth paste. Add it to the saute pan. Thoroughly mix in. Spread the pancakes with tamarind glaze. Fill up with the duck stir-fry. Roll up like a funnel. Drizzle with tamarind and garnish with green onions.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.