Emeril's Hawaiian-Style Poke
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, plus more for seasoning
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (recommended: Emeril's Kick it Up Red Pepper Sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, plus more for seasoning
- 1 pound sushi grade ahi tuna, cut into large dice
- 1/4 cup minced red onions
- 3/4 cup ogo seaweed, rinsed and chopped
- 5 teaspoons chopped roasted macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- Hawaiian sea salt
- Deep-fried wonton wrappers, for serving
- Butter lettuce leaves, for serving
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, lime juice, hot sauce, and sesame oil, and process on high speed.
Place tuna in a large bowl. Add the red onions, seaweed, macadamia nuts, cilantro, and lime juice.
Pour the peanut butter mixture over the tuna and combine. Season with sesame oil, soy sauce, and Hawaiian salt, to taste. Serve on top of wonton chips or wrap in lettuce leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2006