Emeril's Mussels Over Linguine
- 2 dozen live mussels, scrubbed and debeared
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups white wine
- 1/2 cup fish stock or chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh linguine, cooked al dente and tossed with olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Crusty french bread
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, saute the shallots and garlic. Add the wine and stock. Bring up to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Add the mussels to the wine and cover. Simmer the mussels for 3 to 4 minutes or until the shells open. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Drop the pasta into the boiling salted water. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the water and drain. Add the pasta directly to the saute pan. Divide the pasta between two bowls and spoon the mussels on top. Garnish with the grated cheese and parsley. Serve with the crusty bread.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.