Emeril's Roasted Garlic
- 4 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Essence, recipe follows
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also known as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Yield: 2/3 cup
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and Essence together on a sheet of aluminum foil. Fold the edges of the foil together to form a tent and roast until tender, for about 40 minutes. It will keep 2 to 3 days with a little olive oil in the refrigerator. Squeeze the cloves out of the bulb and make a paste.Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also known as Bayou Blast):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.