Emeril's Roasted Garlic
- 4 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Essence, recipe follows
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also known as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Yield: 2/3 cup
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and Essence together on a sheet of aluminum foil. Fold the edges of the foil together to form a tent and roast until tender, for about 40 minutes. It will keep 2 to 3 days with a little olive oil in the refrigerator. Squeeze the cloves out of the bulb and make a paste.Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also known as Bayou Blast):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Alex Guarnaschelli
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine