- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for oiling grill
- 7 ounces (12 slices) prosciutto cotto, plus 2 1/2 ounces (5 slices)
- 3 ounces (12 slices) Genoa salami
- 5 ounces (10 slices) fontina
- 3 1/2 ounces (5 slices) mortadella
- 4 ounces (10 slices) spicy cappicola
- 7 ounces (8 slices) fresh mozzarella
- 1 (7-ounce) container chicken and duck pate
- 3 1/2 ounces shredded duck confit
- 1 1/2 ounces (8 slices) speck
- 4 ounces (5 slices) Brie
- 2 1/2 ounces (5 slices) prosciutto
- 2 ounces arugula
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Slice the bread in half lengthwise. Drizzle the cut side of the bottom half with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Layer the 12 slices of prosciutto cotto on the bottom half. Top with the salami, fontina, mortadella, cappicola, and mozzarella. Spoon the pate on top. Press the confit into the pate. Top with the speck, brie, and the 5 slices of prosciutto. Place the other half of the bread on top.
Prepare a grill or heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Once the grill is hot, oil it lightly.
Place the sandwich on the grill and cook for 5 minutes. Place a heavy cast iron pan on top of the sandwich to press. Cook another 5 minutes. Remove from the grill.
Toss the arugula with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Remove the top half of the bread and arrange the arugula on top of the prosciutto. Replace the bread. Slice into 4 large pieces or 8 small ones.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2007
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse