- 1 pound large (16-20 count per pound) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Essence, recipe follows
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked linguini
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Toss the shrimp in a medium bowl with the Essence.
Place the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp and spread them out evenly in the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes and quickly turn the shrimp. Add the garlic and capers to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the wine, lemon juice, and remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter to the skillet and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Season the shrimp with the salt and pepper and add the pasta, tossing to coat well. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the parsley. Serve hot.
Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.