Fennel, Orange, Spinach, and Olive Salad with Shaved Parmesan
- 1 large bulb fennel, core and stems removed, fronds reserved
- 3 navel oranges, peeled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach, stems removed, rinsed well and patted dry
- 20 oil-cured black olives
- 2 ounces Parmesan, thinly shaved with a vegetable peeler
Halve the fennel and thinly slice with a mandolin or very sharp knife.
Segment the oranges over a bowl to catch any juices. Whisk together the orange juice, oil, shallots, salt and pepper. Add the fennel, orange segments and spinach, and toss to coat.
Divide the salad among 4 plates and top each with 5 olives. Top each salad with cheese and the reserved fennel fronds.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2001
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali
Steamed Wild Striped Bass with Yellow Pepper Romesco, Red Pepper-Black Olive Relish and Parsley-Garlic Oil
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello