Fresh Melon with Crisp Amaretti Topping
- 1 ripe honeydew melon, peeled and seeds removed, scooped into 1-inch balls with a melon baller
- 1 ripe cantaloupe melon, peeled and seeds removed, scooped into 1-inch balls with a melon baller
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and quartered
- 1/4 cup sugar, or more to taste (this will depend on the sweetness of the fruit)
- 3 tablespoons amaretto
- 1/2 cup crumbled amaretti cookies
In a large mixing bowl combine the honeydew, cantaloupe, strawberries, sugar, and amaretto and toss gently but thoroughly to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour before serving.
Divide the fruit among 6 to 8 small dessert coupes and sprinkle the crumbled amaretti evenly over the tops of each dessert. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2006