Fresh Pasta with Shiitakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh shiitakes, wiped clean, stemmed, and sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 cups veal reduction
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine or linguine, cooked until tender
In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot add the shallots and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and reduction. Bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the cream and half of the cheese. Continue to simmer for 2 minutes. Add the pasta. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat. To serve, mound the pasta in the center of each plate. Garnish each plate with the remaining cheese.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.