Fresh Tomato Risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 pound (2 cups) Arborio rice
- 1/2 pound assorted baby tomatoes, such as cherry, current, teardrop, stemmed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions, green part only
In a large saute pan, over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onions. Season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring. Saute until the onions are slightly soft, about 3 minutes. Add the water and garlic. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for about 6 minutes. Add the rice and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the tomatoes and continue to simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture is creamy and bubbly, about 8 minutes. Stir in the butter, cream, cheese and green onions. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Spoon the risotto into serving bowls or plates and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.