Fried Sweet Potatoes
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 to 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch batons
- Salt, to taste
- Essence, to taste, recipe follows
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Heat the vegetable oil in a very large, deep pot or heat an electric fryer to 360 degrees F.
Fry the sweet potatoes, in batches, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Sprinkle with salt and Essence, to taste, and serve hot.Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William Morrow, 1993.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.