Fried Wontons with Oriental Noodle Salad and Grilled Flank Steak
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 pound flank steak
- For the salad:
- 1 cup cooked rice noodles
- 1/4 cup julienned red onions
- 1/4 cup julienned roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup julienned roasted yellow peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- 6 wonton wrappers, 4" by 4", cut diagonally, 12 triangles total
- 6 cups vegetable oil
- Drizzle of sesame oil for garnish
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
DirectionsFor the salad:
Preheat the grill. In a mixing bowl, whisk the shallots, 1 tablespoon garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar together. Place the flank steak in a small glass square dish and pour the marinade over it. Marinate the steak for 1 hour. Remove from the marinade and place on the grill. Grill on each side for 3-4 minutes for medium rare.
For the salad, combine all the ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
For the wontons, heat the oil in a fryer or dep pan to 350 degrees and fry the triangles until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Stir the wontons consistently to prevent from sticking together. Remove from the fryer and drain on a paper-lined plate. Season with Essence. Slice the flank steak into 1/4" slices. Place a small amount of the salad on the fried triangles. Top each triangle with a slice of flank steak. Drizzle with sesame oil.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Fried Green Tomatoes with Lobster and Tear Drop Tomato Salad, Fried Green Tomato Salad with Chipotle Dressing, Fried Oysters with Horseradish Cream and Tomato Corn Salsa, Easy Mexican, Beef Stew Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Pepper Steak Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.