Frisee Salad with Lardons, Eggs and Herbed Vinaigrette
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced on the bias in 1/2-inch pieces
- 9 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced Gruyere cheese
- 1 pound lardons, cut into pieces
- 2 finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped chervil leaves
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 large eggs
- 6 heads frisee, washed and dried
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and lardons. Render lardons until crispy and caramelized.
While lardons are rendering, make the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, combine the shallots and mustard. Whisk in the vinegar and the remaining extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, tarragon and chervil.
Remove the lardons from pan and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Set aside. In the same skillet, add butter and crack eggs 1 at a time and cook 2 minutes per side, or until yolks are set.
While the eggs are cooking, arrange frisee in a large bowl. Pour dressing over frisee and toss to coat.
On 6 plates, arrange a mound of salad and top with fried eggs. Garnish with the lardons, and set 2 croutons on each plate. Serve immediately.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Frisee Salad with Spiced Walnuts, Pears, Farmhouse Cheddar, and Port Vinaigrette, Frisee Salad with Egg and Bacon, Frisee Salad with Blue Cheese, Bacon and Hazelnuts, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Pork Tenderloin Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes, Hard Boiled Eggs Recipes, Prime Rib Recipes