- 1 cup guava juice
- Lime wedges, for rimming the glass and garnish
- Margarita salt, if desired
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup sliver tequila
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec or other orange flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup, recipe follows
Pour the guava juice into an ice cube tray and freeze overnight. (One cup of juice should make 8 standard ice cubes.)
Rub a lime wedge around the edge of a margarita glass and dip immediately in the margarita salt, turning to coat. Place the glass in the freezer for 10 minutes.
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil mixture for 2 minutes, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
Yield: enough for 4 margaritas