- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Essence or Creole seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, about 22 inches long, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.In a bowl, cream together the butter, parsley, garlic, Essence, lemon juice, and salt. Spread the mixture evenly over the cut sides of the bread. Place the bread on the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown and just crisp, 12 to 15 minutes.Serve hot.
Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking" by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch, Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.