- 8 (1/2-inch) slices kasseri cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces each)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups brandy, or enough to cover cheese slices
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 rounds of pita bread, brushed with olive oil, grilled and quartered
- 1 cup kalamata olives
Season both sides of the cheese with salt and pepper. Place the cheese in a shallow dish and cover with brandy. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Remove the cheese from the dish, reserving 1/4 cup of the brandy, and dredge in the seasoned flour, coating completely.
In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Pan-fry the cheese for 2 minutes on each side. Add the reserved brandy and carefully flame the liquor, shaking the pan back and forth several times. Add the lemon juice, to taste. Remove from the pan and serve with the pita bread and olives.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.