Green Beans with Fermented Black Beans and Pork Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fermented black beans, rinsed and drained of excess salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 pound Chinese green beans, trimmed and blanched until tender
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
In a small bowl, mash the black beans into the garlic and ginger. In a large wok or saute pan heat the oil and cook the pork, stirring occasionally until all the pink is gone--about 10 minutes. Then add the mashed fermented beans and stock, mix together and cook for 2 minutes. Add the green beans, mix together and cook for 3 more minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together the soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of water and cornstarch until they form a paste. While stirring pour the cornstarch mixture into the liquid in the bottom of the wok. The liquid will thicken, coating the beans. Taste and re-season with salt and pepper if needed.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.