Green Beans, Zucchini and Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- Generous pinch of cayenne
- 4 ounces zucchini, split in half and cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 4 ounces small red skin potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes and juices
- Salt and pepper
- 1 loaf of crusty french bread
- 1/2 pound good feta cheese
In a large, heavy, and preferably non-stick pan heat oil. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes. Then add the green beans and cayenne pepper and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini, potatoes and herbs. Pour tomatoes and their juices over the vegetables, bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 40 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to cool or serve warm. Serve in a small bowl topped with feta cheese and surrounded by french bread.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.