Green Olive Paste on Crostinis
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons Spanish extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered, blanched almonds
- 8 ounces pitted and drained green Spanish olives
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shaved Manchego cheese
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Spanish paprika, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Place bread rounds on a baking sheet. Using 1/4 cup of the olive oil, brush each slice with olive oil, and sprinkle lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
Add the almonds to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until ground. Add the olives and the next 8 ingredients to the processor. Pulse until well combined. With the motor running, add the remaining 6 tablespoons of oil through the feed tube and process to a smooth paste, scraping down the sides as needed. Adjust the seasonings, to taste.
Spread about 1 tablespoon of the paste on each crostini. Top each with a cheese shaving and a sprinkle of pimientos. Dust paprika over the top of each crostini. Serve immediately.
The paste can be used immediately or refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Bring olive paste to room temperature before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.