Grilled Chicken Thighs with Brazilian "Vinaigrette" Salsa
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 8 boneless skin on chicken thighs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground bay leaf
- Vinaigrette Salsa, recipe follows
- For the Vinaigrette Salsa:
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and 1/4-inch diced tomato
- 1/2 cup 1/4-inch diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup 1/4-inch diced green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat a grill to medium-low.
Press 1 garlic clove on each chicken thigh and rub in. Combine the butter, salt and ground bay leaf into a paste.
Place the chicken, skin side down in the pan. Cook for 7 minutes, turn over and baste with the butter mixture. Continue to cook for another 7 minutes, turn over back to the skin side and cook for 7 minutes more. Turn over again and cook for a final 7 minutes. Remove thighs to a large serving platter and serve with the Vinaigrette Salsa.For the Vinaigrette Salsa:
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well to combine. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour before serving.
Yield: 2 cups
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2007
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay