- 12 (1/2-inch thick) slices brioche, challah, or pound cake
- 3 tablespoons Bing cherry preserves
- 2 (4-ounce) good-quality bittersweet chocolate bars, cut into thirds
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Confectioners' sugar, for garnish
Lay bread or cake slices on a work surface. Brush each of the 6 slices with 1/2 tablespoon of the cherry preserves. Top each brushed slice with 1 piece of the chocolate. Top with remaining bread or cake slices. Brush melted butter on both sides of each sandwich. Using a nonstick skillet or griddle, grill sandwiches over medium-low heat until chocolate has melted and bread is a golden brown color. Dust sandwiches with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.