Grilled Escolar with a Saute of Fresh Asparagus, Baby Morels and Currant Tomatoes
- 4 Escolar fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 2 cups medium diced peeled white potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby morel mushrooms, cleaned
- 1/2 bunch pencil asparagus, blanched and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pint red currant tomatoes, stemmed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cups Basic Butter Sauce
- 1 cup fresh mild herb leaves, such as basil, tarragon, chervil, chives, and flat parsley leaf
- Drizzle olive oil
Preheat the grill. Season the fillets with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, salt and white pepper and set aside. Preheat the fryer. Fry the potatoes until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove the potatoes and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and set aside. Place the fillets on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the asparagus and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to saute for 1 minute. Add the potatoes. Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley. To serve, spoon the mushroom/asparagus mixture in the center of each plate. Lay the fish on top of the vegetable mixture. Spoon some of the butter sauce over the fish. In a small mixing bowl, toss the herbs with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pile the herbs in the center of each fillet.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.