Grilled Lamb Pasta Salad with a Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1 pound lamb loin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh angel hair pasta
- 10 roasted cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 roma or plum tomatoes, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh sweet peas, blanched
- 1/2 cup Greek black olives, pitted and halved
- 4 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled
Preheat the grill. Season the lamb with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill the lamb for 3 to 4 minutes on all sides until medium rare or desired doneness. Remove from the grill and cool. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and place the pasta in a bowl of ice water. Stir the pasta a couple of times to separate the pasta. Drain very well. Toss the pasta with the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. In a mixing bowl, add the garlic. Using the back of a fork, mash the cloves until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice and mustard. Whisk in the extra virgin olive oil slowly. Whisk until the mixture is slightly thick. Season with salt and black pepper. Slice the lamb on the bias, diagonally, into 1/4 inch slices. In a large mixing bowl, add the onions, tomatoes, and peas. Season with salt and pepper. Add the sliced lamb, pasta, olives and cheese. Toss the salad with the dressing. Serve either cold or at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.