Grilled Peaches, Plums, and Apricots with Vanilla-Sugar and Amaretto
- 3 firm-ripe peaches or nectarines, halved and pitted
- 3 firm-ripe red plums, halved and pitted
- 3 firm-ripe apricots, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup good quality amaretto
- Creme fraiche, for serving
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Lightly brush the cut sides of the peaches, plums and apricots with melted butter.
Place the fruit, cut sides down, onto the hot grill and cook until the fruit is slightly charred, 4 to 6 minutes.
When the fruit is slightly charred on the cut sides, transfer to a baking dish, cut sides up.
Sprinkle the vanilla-sugar evenly over the fruit, then drizzle with half of the amaretto.
Drizzle the remaining butter over the fruit, then transfer to the oven and bake until the fruit is tender and bubbly, 10 to 15 minutes.
Carefully transfer the fruit to a serving dish or bowls, with each person getting 1 peach half, 1 plum half, and 1 apricot half. Drizzle the juices and the remaining amaretto over each serving and top with a dollop of the creme fraiche. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2007
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray