Grilled Portobello Salad
- 4 large portobellos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Essence, recipe follows
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2/3 cup small diced grilled eggplant
- 1/2 cup chopped Calamata olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 cups fresh spinach, stemmed and cleaned
- 1 cup Chicory Farms Feta Cheese
- 4 Italian Roma tomatoes, split in half and roasted
- 10 -inch round of grilled flat bread
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat the grill.
Season the Portobello mushrooms with the olive oil and Essence. Place on the hot grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and slice on the bias. In a mixing bowl, whisk the extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar together. Add the garlic, eggplant, olives, and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the spinach with the spinach. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Mound the greens in the center of the platter. Lay the mushroom slices across the top of the greens. Crumble the Feta cheese over the mushrooms. Garnish with the roasted tomatoes, flatbread and parsley.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.