Grilled Rabbit Sausage over Stewed White Beans
- 1 rabbit, deboned and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- For the Beans:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 cups cooked canellini beans
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chiffonade fresh spinach
- 2 cups veal reduction
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Parsley, for garnish
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
DirectionsFor the Beans:
**Form a teaspoon of the mixture into a small ball and pan-fry for a minute on each side to test the seasoning** Form the mixture into 3-inch patties, 1/4-inch thick. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, pan-fry the patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
For the Beans: Heat the oil in a saute pan, over medium heat. Fry the garlic slices until golden, about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove and drain on paper towels. Add the shallots and beans to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 1 minute. Add the veal reduction and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the thyme and continue to simmer for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter.
To serve, spoon the bean mixture in the center of each plate. Lay 2 patties against each other over the beans. Garnish with parsley.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.