Grilled Rib-Eyes with Rosemary-Shallot Butter
- 2 (14-ounce) rib-eye steaks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- Pinch iodized salt
- Pinch ground white pepper
Season the steaks with the kosher salt and black pepper. Place a grill pan over medium-high heat and drizzle the olive oil on 1 side of both steaks. Place the steaks, oil side down in the grill pan. Cook without moving for 5 minutes. Turn the steaks 90 degrees and continue to cook another 5 minutes, (while the steaks are cooking, combine the butter, rosemary, shallots, iodized salt and white pepper in a bowl and mix to combine). Turn the steaks over and place half of the rosemary-shallot butter over each steak. Continue to cook for 3 minutes for medium-rare, or 4 minutes for medium.
Remove the steaks from the grill pan and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, Emeril's Food of Love Productions, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Geoffrey Zakarian
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis