- 2 (14-ounce) rib-eye steaks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- Pinch iodized salt
- Pinch ground white pepper
Season the steaks with the kosher salt and black pepper. Place a grill pan over medium-high heat and drizzle the olive oil on 1 side of both steaks. Place the steaks, oil side down in the grill pan. Cook without moving for 5 minutes. Turn the steaks 90 degrees and continue to cook another 5 minutes, (while the steaks are cooking, combine the butter, rosemary, shallots, iodized salt and white pepper in a bowl and mix to combine). Turn the steaks over and place half of the rosemary-shallot butter over each steak. Continue to cook for 3 minutes for medium-rare, or 4 minutes for medium.
Remove the steaks from the grill pan and serve immediately.