Grilled Shrimp and Green Papaya Salad
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce
- 1/3 cup minced shallot
- 5 Thai bird chiles or serrano chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 1/2 tablespoons coconut-palm sugar or golden cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium-large green papayas, peeled, seeds removed, and shredded or julienned (2 to 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded or julienned
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus 1/3 cup leaves, for garnish
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts, for garnish
In a blender combine the lime juice, fish sauce, shallot, chiles, sugar and garlic and blend until smooth. Set aside for 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Reserve 1/2 cup of dressing to marinate shrimp.
Marinate the shrimp in 1/2 cup dressing for 20 to 30 minutes. Drain the shrimp from the marinade. Steam the shrimp until just cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes. Adjust seasoning, if necessary.
In a medium non-reactive mixing or salad bowl, combine the papayas, carrots, mint leaves and chopped cilantro. Add the dressing and toss to combine thoroughly. Serve the shrimp on top of the papaya salad. Garnish with the cilantro leaves and chopped peanuts. Serve immediately.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Kiawe-Grilled Flank Steak and Spicy Green Papaya Salad, Tomato and Shrimp Salad with Horseradish Dressing, Salad of The Greens with Fennel, Mint and Orange, Asian Salad Recipes, Salmon Mousse Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Dip Recipes, Shrimp Cocktail Recipes, Asian Appetizer Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.