Grilled Spiny Lobster with a Warm Tomato Salad, Garlic Creamed New Potatoes and a Drizzle of White Truffle Oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons liquid crab boil
- 3 whole lemons, cut in half
- 4 whole Spiny lobsters
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound haricots verts, cleaned and blanched
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 pint red tear drop tomatoes, stemmed
- 1 pint yellow tear drop tomatoes, stemmed
- 4 cups Garlic Creamed New Potatoes, hot, recipe follows
- Drizzle of white truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
In a large stockpot over medium heat, combine the crab boil, water and lemons. Bring to a boil. Add the lobsters and cook for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. Preheat the grill. Split each lobster in half. Season the lobster meat with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place each lobster, meat side down and grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, turning the lobsters every 2 minutes. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add the remaining olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the beans. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes. Add the shallots and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until the tomatoes start to break their skin. Remove from the heat. To serve, mound the potatoes in the center of each plate. Spoon the bean/tomato mixture around the potatoes. Lay the grilled lobster on top of the potatoes. Drizzle the entire plate with the truffle oil. Garnish with chives.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.