Grilled Swordfish with Citrus Salsa
- Two 6-ounce swordfish steaks
- 1 teaspoon Creole spice
- Three 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch thick strips
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup orange sections, zested before cut
- 2 tablespoons lemon sections, zested before cut
- 2 tablespoons lime sections, zested before cut
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Preheat the grill and the fryer. Season the fish with the spice. Place on the grill. Fry the tortilla strips in the fryer for 3 minutes, drain and season with salt and pepper. (You want the strips to be sort of crumbled up as they fry, they will be the nest for the fish to sit on.) In a small bowl, combine the sections, shallots, zest, olive oil, honey, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the fish from the grill. Set up a nest with the tortilla strips and place the fish on top. Top with the salsa.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.