Grilled Yogurt and Pesto-Marinated Swordfish with Shaved Artichoke and Olive Salad and Herbed Orzo with Dry Vella
- 1 1/2 pounds thick swordfish steaks, cubed
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup pesto sauce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, stems removed and rinsed under cold water
- Shaved Artichoke and Olive Salad, recipe follows
- Herbed Orzo, recipe follows
- Chiffonade fresh basil leaves, garnish
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Shaved Artichoke and Olive Salad:
- 2 large artichokes, all outer leaves removed to expose only the heart and bottom, stems trimmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup brine-cured black olives, such as kalamata, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Herbed Orzo with Dry Vella Cheese:
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dry Vella cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped, seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Lightly season the fish with Essence.
In a large bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the yogurt and 1/2 cup of the pesto. Add the fish and marinate for 1 hour. In a decorative bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup yogurt and pesto to make a dipping sauce.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. If using wooden skewers, soak in water in a shallow container for 20 minutes.
Thread the fish and tomatoes onto wooden or metal skewers. Grill until the fish is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
To serve, arrange the skewers over the Herbed Orzo and serve the Shaved Artichoke and Olive Salad on the side. Garnish with the basil and pass the yogurt-pesto sauce tableside.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.Shaved Artichoke and Olive Salad:
Slice the artichokes paper-thin using a mechanical slicer, such as a mandoline. Place in a glass bowl and toss with the lemon juice, olives, parsley, and extra virgin olive oil. Let sit for 15 minutes. Serve.Herbed Orzo with Dry Vella Cheese:
Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the garlic and orzo and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the butter until melted. Add the cheese, green onions, cucumbers, pine nuts, mint, basil, and lemon juice, and toss to combine. Add salt, to taste.
Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Swordfish with White Bean Relish and Potato Skordalia, Strawberry-Basil Yogurt Cooler - Lassi, Lebanese Yogurt Cheese with Za'Atar and Olives, Artichoke Dip Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Swordfish Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.