- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces Hawaiian Vintage Chocolate, melted
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 1 recipe Spiced Cream, recipe follows
Add the eggs, vanilla and cornmeal. Whisk until smooth. Pour into the pie shell. Bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 30 minutes before slicing.
Serve with Spiced Cream.
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Beat the cream with an electric mixer on high speed in a large mixing bowl for about 2 minutes. Add the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and beat again until the mixture thickens and forms stiff peaks, another 1 to 2 minutes.
Yield: 4 cups