Hawaiian Vintage Chocolate Chocolate Souffle with Grand Marnier Chocolate Sauce
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces Hawaiian Vintage Chocolate semisweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Grand Marnier Sauce, recipe follows
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Grand Marnier Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Grand Marnier
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 4 ounces Hawaiian Vintage Chocolate semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Butter 4 individual ramekins and sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon sugar for each ramekin.
Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat.
In a bowl beat the egg whites with 1/4 cup of the sugar until stiff and glossy.
Whisk the egg yolks into the melted chocolate 1 at a time, add the Grand Marnier, and whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Fold in the egg whites until thoroughly blended. Transfer mixture to ramekins and place on a baking sheet. Bake until puffed and somewhat firm, about 20 minutes. While souffles are baking, prepare the Grand Marnier Chocolate Sauce and keep warm until souffles are ready to serve.Grand Marnier Chocolate Sauce:
In a saucepan over high heat combine cream, Grand Marnier and sugar. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and add the chocolate immediately, stirring until chocolate is completely melted. Keep warm in a double boiler or bain marie or serve immediately.
Yield: About 3/4 cup
Thank you! your flag was submitted.