Herbed Trout Fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Essence, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) sea trout fillets, with skin
- Lemon wedges, as accompaniment
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat broiler, or grill.
In a medium mixing bowl combine lemon juice, Essence, garlic, parsley, chives and oregano. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay