Hoisin Pork Chops with Cabbage, Pineapple, and Macadamia Nut Slaw
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 (1/2-inch-thick) pork chops
- 1/4 cup honey
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup julienne carrot (about 1 large carrot)
- 5 cups thinly sliced red and green cabbage
- 1 cup julienne red pepper (about 1 pepper)
- 2 cups diced pineapple (about 1 small pineapple)
- 3/4 cup toasted, chopped macadamia nuts
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Reserve the marinade and combine with the honey in a medium saucepan. Bring the honey marinade mixture to a boil and cook at a low boil for at least 10 minutes.
Add chops to a large saute pan coated with vegetable oil and sear on until golden brown on both sides, about 6 minutes per side. Pour the reduced marinade over the chops and bake for 10 minutes, or until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees F.
Remove the chops from the oven and set aside to rest for a few minutes.
Whisk together the vinegar, honey, and soy sauce. Drizzle in the oils in a steady stream, whisking to emulsify. Whisk in the crushed red pepper, cumin, cilantro, scallion, and jalapeno. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the carrot, cabbage, red pepper, pineapple, and nuts and mix well. Add the dressing to the vegetables and mix well. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Place some slaw on a plate/platter. Top with the chops and drizzle with some of the reduced marinade.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Smoked Oyster Dressing Stuffed Pork Chops with Andouille Hollandaise and Smothered Greens, Lima Beans and Pork Chops, Grilled Pork Chops with Garlic Jam, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Hawaiian, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Carrot Soup Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.